Saturday, February 4, 2012

Winter Fireplace Mantel

I know we’re all thinking Spring right now with this warm weather we’re having.  But it’s only February so I’m not late in sharing this with you.   Shortly after Christmas, my daughter-in-law asked if I would re-accessorize her fireplace mantel.   Pictured below is a before of the fireplace mantel.  

003

I’m sorry, I removed everything and then realized that I hadn’t taken a picture.   I know all of us bloggers like to see a before.   But imagine if you will a wall and mantel shelf with family pictures and candles.   Using a few family pictures, this is what I came with. 

 009

008

    She wanted something that could be changed for each season and with this you can easily change as the seasons come and go.  I’m sure you will see this fireplace mantel again with each season as I’m sure I will be the one doing it.   

013

Because they rarely use the fireplace, I placed a candelabra inside.

I’ve already tweaked the mantel when I was there the other day.  Before you look, I forgot my tripod and I had the stabilizer off on the camera which caused the pictures to be blurry.  I removed the black votive candle holder and replaced it with three canning jars.

003 - Copy

Each canning jar has a numbered tag that I made with a candle that represents the number. 

006 - Copy

I filled the jars with those sticky balls that falls from a gum tree.  They have plenty of them in their yard. 

009

I do have to tell you this, the twins love having the candles lit at night and they always tell me when Mommy doesn’t light them.  

As always, thanks for your visit and have a wonderful weekend.   

Gail

26 comments:

  1. Oh it looks amazing. You did a fabulous job. Love the family photos. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty...everything looks just fabulous!!!!
    Have a great weekend!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mantel, you did a great job. Happy weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice job you did Gail. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous! I love the combination of textures, too. I'm following back!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job Gail! I love the addition of the canning jars! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This looks great, Gail! I love how you built it up and went high with the wall decor.

      Delete
  7. I'm betting your daughter in law LOVED what you did with it. Actually she must of known she was gonna love what you did if she asked you in the first place. And I love what you did too, especially the canning jars with tags.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Pleeeeease come see me! I am never quite satisfied with my fireplace mantle. This one is wonderful, so original and homey looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mantel looks wonderful. I love the vertical piece you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so good, Gail. I really like the 'Faith Family Friends' at the top, and everything else looks so perfectly balanced. Clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job Gail, I love the ball jars with the tags, really neat! No wonder your daughter wants you to do her mantel, it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How Beautiful Gail! I Love the canning jars touch. Awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gail, I love the makeover! It looks amazing and the candles in the fireplace = perfect! It all looks great!!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a great job. I'm learning that it's all about layering. I love the textural wreath. And how nice your DIL comes to you for help. I'm following you via Linky Followers and I hope you'll follow back. Also, please take a minute and visit Cottage and Creek and enter my first ever Choose Joy Giveaway. Drawing will be held on Valentine's Day. Have a great rest of the weekend :)
    Lynn
    Email: Lynn@nsytes.com
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a really pretty arrangement, Gail. I like that you used their photos and "sticky things" from the yard. My favorite thing is the wreath on top of the other art piece.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This turned out lovely! I love the changes you made with the candles too! The sticky balls are a great idea for filling jars or vases - I have them all over the place, so I think I'll collect some next time they fall!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks great! I really like the numbered jars :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gail,
    The mantel looks great...like how you changed out the candles to the mason jars...cute # tags.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tattle tail twins.... I love it! The mantel looks good, Gail! I like that you used some natural items like the gumballs and the twigs. The vignette definitely says "family...."
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Winter mantel looks fabulous, Gail! So many terrific details!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything looks amazing! I love the candles in the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so creative, my friend! I love everything you do. Your dil is so blessed to have you for her mom-in-law, I wish you were mine!;) I would invite you over to help me.:)
    Seriously, it's really lovely, I love that you use natural elements, white ironstone, canning jars and numbers.
    Love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Spectacular Makeover Gail...You never cease to Amaze me with your Talent...Beautimus...XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gail, the mantel looks fabulous with all the nature elements plus I love the implemented jars. Now, what is the larger frame used as a backdrop?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails