Saturday, December 10, 2011

Our Tree for Christmas 2011

Our Christmas tree doesn’t seem to change much from year to year and this year was no exception. 

017 

The only change I made this year was the addition of some burlap garland  to tie in with the mantel shelf bows and…..

022

…I made a new Christmas ball with our son-in-law’s name on it who became a part of our family in July of this year.  Our Christmas tree has a ball with all our children’s and grandchildren’s names on them. 

002

 006

I still put my big red plaid bows on the Christmas tree that I made a few years ago.  

029

And I still have two of my favorite Christmas ornaments on the tree.   The first one is the Silent Night Christmas ball which has been in my family for many many years.  My Mom had it on her tree as a little girl.  It’s the only one left and I’ve had it for about 25 years.  The second is the heart.  It is our first Christmas ornament together as husband and wife.

049_thumb1

 018

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.   

Gail

Linking this post to: 

2805 for Christmas Tree Party

The House of the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage

16 comments:

  1. Gail,
    its beautiful.. I love how you put the bow a tiny way down on the tree .. that looks great~!
    Burlap ribbon was a perfect way to tie it in with your mantle..
    simply stunning and I can just imagine the eyes of all the folks who see it...woohooo Christmas has definately arrived at your house.

    Happy Saturday
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas tree is so pretty Gail. But really, I just love the mantel shelf and huge clock.
    We have a wood burning stove and no fireplace surround. This year I put a shelf up behind it to serve as a mantel; but haven't really treated it as such. You mantel draws the eye up--fooling us into believing there is a roaring fire below!
    ...and! The Husband wants a huge clock like that. I'll have to show him your picture of your mantel.

    Love it all together for Christmas~
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is gorgeous, Gail! It's so abundant and lush...just stunning!

    Thank you for linking to the Christmas Tree Party at 2805.

    I do hope you will check out the gracious sponsor of the $100 Pottery Barn giveaway by becoming a member of Hometalk or liking them on Facebook. Links are provided for each.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, your tree is awesome! I love that you use sentimental ornies on it! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is so pretty, Gail! I like the idea of the ornaments with everybody's names on them. No need to change it up if it works! I think it looks perfect as is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty--why change it? Love the burlap! I like just adding in little things here and there but keeping a lot of the same. Makes it seem more like "home for the holidays," right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gail,
    Your tree is so beautiful. I love the ornaments with family names.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so pretty all lit up too. Looks like you're all decked out now and ready for the celebrations to begin. Love the burlap you added too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty and personal. I think your tree looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful so no need to change it up. I do like the added burlap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so pretty Gail. Why change up a good thing. You have a perfect tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful tree...and not changing it from year to year is what I like to do. The mantle is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your tree, Gail. And, adding the burlap was such a great idea ... it ties in beautifully with your gorgeous mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of your Christmas ornaments are lovely. What a good idea to have an ornament with each of the family members names on it. That is something that I could do.
    Thanks for all of the inspiration that I get from your sweet blog.
    Love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gail! Your tree is beautiful! I love how you've tied your tree and mantel decorations together - so beautiful. What wonderful ornaments you have too!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails