Monday, September 19, 2011

Vintage Demijohn Wine Bottle & Crate

Back in May, I was searching the internet to find out if I had a Demijohn or not, I came across a couple of pictures of a vintage demijohn wine bottle inside a crate.  I loved the look of the demijohn inside the crate and thought that would be easy to make.  I saved the links in my favorite folder so I could try and make one when I had the time.   

This weekend I found the time, and with the help of my husband  I made a crate for my demijohn.

062

A close-up of the demijohn’s crate. 

063

We used 1x1 1/2 inch pieces for the legs and firming strips to make the crate cross members.  I applied a light stain and then lightly sanded some of it off.  

058

I’m so happy with the way it turned out.  

As always, thanks for stopping by.

Gail

8 comments:

  1. Perfect! I love the look too Gail. You are on a creative roll there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too awesome; I love the look--demijohns are so popular right now even in the major decor catalogs. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever and it turned out so cute! Demijohns seem to be the rage right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Very creative!!! YOu did a great job! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fabulous!! You have some serious skills!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gail...

    Ohhh my goodness....what a creative and talented lady you are, my friend! I love your demijohn in the crate!!! Your honey did an awesome job helping you to construct the crate...it turned out perfect! Just in time for a beautiful autumn vignette too! Thank you for sharing your new autumn pretties with us!!!

    I also wanted to thank you for coming by today and leaving me such a sweet note! You are such a dearheart!!!

    Warmest autumn wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails