Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Falls on the Porch

What a beautiful weekend it was to be outside and I took advantage of it with some fall decorating on the front porch.  

001

This year instead of using my pumpkin topiaries, I decided to change things up and  use cornstalks and mums.   I purchased my cornstalks and mums at a local farmers produce stand.   There mums were absolutely gorgeous and not to mention huge for only $7 a piece. 

004

I added a fall floral cone with window screening to each cornstalk. 

012

I love how it adds that fall touch to the cornstalks.    If you would like I could do a tutorial on how I made the floral cone.  Just let me know if you’re interested.   

005 

A view of the porch at dusk.    

004 - Copy 

I think my fall decorating is complete.  It is just in time with Halloween and Thanksgiving just around the corner.

Gail

11 comments:

  1. So pretty! Those mums ARE huge! And that is my favorite color for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your fall porch is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your porch looks fantastic. I love the mums...they are huge! Great idea to add some height with the cornstalks. I haven't done a thing with my porch for fall. I guess I had better get moving!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your porch looks fantastic! I love your big mums. What a great price.It really looks beautiful....Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail, its just beautiful. So fall looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great porch. I have that same floral you used on your corn stalk. Love it. I stopped by from Whatever Goes Wednesday and I am glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gail, before I opened my reader this afternoon, I said to myself, "Jan, you do not have time to comment on anyone's blog, so just read and move on."

    Well -- here I am commenting because I just had to!!! Your decorating is so striking and beautiful. It is truly beautiful.

    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your porch is awesome!! I really like your screen door! You did a great job on the fall decor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All those pumpkins make me want some pumkin pie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you please post a tutorial on how to do the floral cone. I just love all of your beautiful ideas. Please keep them coming. Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails