Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Inspirational Acorns

I love the change of all seasons, but as I get older I think Fall is starting to become my favorite time of year.  I just love the warm days, cool evenings and all the warm colors that Fall brings.  

I have, as well as a  lot of you, been busy decorating my home for Fall.  I wanted to share with you my kitchen tablescape. 

012

I layered each place setting with a red leaf placemat, a  wicker charger, a leaf plate which I bought at Dollar Tree last year, a gold napkin and an inspiration acorn that I made. 

006 

I made my acorns using my Cricut and the Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) program.  The SCAL provided the design for the acorn and I cut them out using my Cricut.   I  typed four different inspiring verses in Word , printed them on vellum, added trim and metallic natural leaves, tied raffia on each tag and attached it to the acorns.  

The acorn verses are:  “A happy family is but an earlier heaven.”

008

“Love is like the sun coming out of the clouds and warming the soul.”

007 

“The love of a family is life’s greatest blessing.”

010

And last but not least this one says “So thankful for a house full of people we love.” 

009

My centerpiece for the table is a small wicker basket filled with potpourri, a candle and a pumpkin.  I love the texture of this pumpkin! 

026 

I also added one of my thrift store bottles to the centerpiece.  I filled it with coffee beans and added a floral stem. 

021

Hope you enjoyed my kitchen tablescape. I love having the inspirational acorns a part of my fall tablescaping  and the best part of all is when my grandsons ask me to read  what’s on the acorns.   It makes for a meaningful tablescape. 

Happy Autumn Day! 

Gail

P.S.  I’m linking to the following party today:  Plant a Punkin Seed Party @ Punkinseed Productions.

9 comments:

  1. You have done a wonderful job, as usual. You must have a very happy family life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty table setting, I love your acorns and that pumpkin is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your centerpiece is beautiful, and your entire setting is representative of fall with the rich colors. I especially love your napkins and the inspirational acorns you made. I would love to use your quotations at our table setting for our next Family Night. Would you mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Come plant your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party on Fridays! Hope to see you there!

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful table setting.. Love that pumpkin most of all~!

    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colors and textures in this tablescape! I love the inspirational acorns and that colorful pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great table with all the warm fall colors. Cute pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your inspirational acorns are the perfect table accessory for Thanksgiving (or anytime, of course!) Love the fall colours you've chosen for your 'scape!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tablescape! I'm heading to my Cricut now. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails